For the love of… Tegu Magnetic Blocks!

We left our car at the workshop to be serviced this weekend. Not the best time because I had intended to get started with the Christmas shopping and it would be more convenient if we had the car. With Christmas just round the corner, the trains are packed and after experiencing it yesterday, we decided to stay home today.

One of the activities that we did at home today is playing with Tegu blocks. We purchased it at a fair earlier this year when Isaac had just turned 1 and he did not know what to make of those blocks. All he did was put 2 or 3 blocks together and then take them apart again. Now that he is older (19 months), he tries to make his version of cars or buildings with some help from us.

Here are some of the things he put together this afternoon.

image1-1

image2

“Car car” says Isaac

image2-1

image1-3

I must say, we really love these blocks. Not only do they look good, they are just so easy to put together! In my opinion, it is more appropriate for my toddler at this age as compared to Lego (which I am a huge fan of). If you are getting a gift for a toddler below 3, I highly recommend this.

Being the curious cat that I am, I was intrigued to know more about the makers of Tegu. If you haven’t heard of them or seen their website, you really should. It is fantastic! You can check them out here. Ending this post with my favourite line from the good people at Tegu –

We believe that every child possess the unhindered ability to build, create, and imagine. And they aren’t only creating towering block structures and backyard tree forts, they are building their futures.

Inside each Tegu block we pack the
power to dream about that future.

** Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. The opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Pris

Hello there, my name is Priscilla. I am the co-creator of 2 boys, Isaac and Ian who bring nothing but joy to my life. 5 years into parenthood and i am still trying to find a balance in being a mother and wife. Having too little photos of my childhood, I try to take as many photos of my kiddos for keepsake whenever possible. It certainly makes me look like an overly-obsessed mum but i assure you i am not. I am just obsessed. I look forward to sharing my adventures and experiences as a mum on this space.

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Mummy C says:

My boy loves playing with Tegu blks too ?

2. Claudia says:

These blocks look super fun and I’m sure Isaac loves them! Very good way to start the boy with building and creating his own structure… if want to play LEGO, just come over to our house! Ha!

3. Winnie says:

Wood and magnet? This makes the Tegu blocks really interesting, and awfully fun. Thanks for sharing!

4. I always have a soft spot for good quality wooden toys. This looks like something my 4 yo will love for Xmas but bummer I clicked on the website and they are US-based 🙁 Maybe it won’t be in time for Xmas.
    Thanks for sharing though & wishing you a great weekend 🙂

5. Ju Ann says:

Eh these tego blocks look like a great idea for my kid too! I must go check them out. My kid loves building stuff 🙂

6. David Sim says:

Looks like blocks that can provide hours of self-play and nurtures creativity. It’s wooden and plus its safe! Quality stuff. Thanks for sharing!

7. Michelle says:

We were just playing with these at PIP’s Playbox at Esplanade yesterday. The kids created a whole knock-on city with it. I didn’t know they are called Tegu blocks. Thanks for sharing!

8. I really like Tegu blocks as it offers great creativity and kids can run their imagination to create different things.

9. Shub says:

I liked these blocks. Tegu seems to be good and interactive blocks fun for kids.

1. March 12, 2017

[…] Tegu magnetic blocks from toddle.sg and I love the quality of the product (you can read about it here). I contemplated on getting more blocks but decided to get something different instead. I have to […]