A Week In The Life Of A Blogging Mum

Hello there and thank you for popping by! Some of you may have already come across punggolbabies during the many blog hops, and would probably know that the super busy Claudia (thelovingmum) & myself are contributors to this blog. Many people are under the impression that Claudia has 3 kids, so I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that Ayra & Zara are Claudia’s 2 lovely girls, Isaac is my toddler, who is Claudia’s nephew. I will be putting up this post here because Claudia has already shared about her life in a week here.

Life of a blogging mum – Honestly, I think this post would be more interesting to read about if i were a SAHM. My weekdays are usually quite boring to read about because I am a FTWM. In a nutshell, every weekday morning I will drop my 1 year old toddler (Isaac) off at my In-laws’ place before heading to work. Thankfully for my hubby and myself, we have a very cooperative little boy who usually wakes up when we are ready to leave the house. Some days he will continue to sleep while I carry him out of the house. Some days he will be up earlier and will have to wait for us to be ready.

Meet Isaac, the patient baby relaxing on the doob beanbag

We usually pick Isaac up about 7ish in the evening after work. When we get home we will have dinner while he sits with us at the table just to be around us. Some days he will play by himself in the play yard. When we are done with dinner we will join him in the play yard, or watch a movie together. By 9pm, Isaac will go to bed. This cycle continues until weekend. So actually, I have almost no time to write up a post on weekdays. This, is our typical weekday.

On not so typical weekdays, I will be out of Singapore for work purposes. (No, I am not an air stewardess. My height is just not acceptable to the airline company.) While I am away, I will constantly check the (SG) time on my watch in order not to miss the time that I have to FaceTime my family. Usually on the first few days I am away, Isaac will be extremely upset when he sees me over FaceTime. Some days, our FaceTime sessions are kept short because my Husband will need to hang up and pacify an upset Isaac who will be wondering why he can see me but cannot be carried by me. When I started travelling, it was always tough to FaceTime him knowing I would be broken hearted to see him cry whenever he sees me. Gradually I got used to it, so did Isaac. Then it became easier for us both. Whenever I start to feel homesick, I will look at Isaac’s photos and perhaps start to write part of a post. It could be anything from what I have learnt to where we have been to together. Most of which, i do not publish because when I do not complete the post on the same day, I kinda lose the momentum to continue writing on that same post.

Weekends are days I clean the house. I try to take any opportunity to clean the house as much as I can (especially the floor) because Isaac is often on the ground. Once household chores are done, then we decide if we will be heading out.

Here’s a break down my life in a week (11-17 April 2016). *All timings stated are GMT+8.*

11 April 2016

Weekday alarm goes off at 6am. I get up to shower and get ready for work before waking the husband up. Isaac woke up at 6.45am today and is drinking his milk while we wait for his daddy to get ready.


Drinking his milk while we prepare for work

7.35am We alighted Isaac at my in-laws’ place and are on our way to work. It was a super busy day at work and without realizing, it was already 7pm. Left office to pick Isaac up. We bought dinner and got home at 8pm. By 8.45pm, the mister is putting Isaac to bed while I wait till Isaac is asleep before I go into the bedroom. The reason why daddy has to put isaac to sleep is because when i try to tuck him into bed, he just wants to play and it takes a longer time for him to fall asleep. Hence, putting Isaac to sleep is his daddy’s duty. While waiting I will have some time to spare, which I usually spend on surfing the net. Today, I’m researching on playgroups for Isaac. At 9.30pm the husband signaled to me that Isaac has slept and I can finally go to bed.

12 April 2016

Out of bed by 6am today and prepped for work. While waiting for the hubs, spent some time cuddling the little one in bed since I won’t be seeing his for the next few days.

At 8am I’m in the office. Most days i will have my breakfast before starting work because I usually am one of the earliest to arrive. After breakfast, it is time to bury my head into my pile of endless work!

Left the office at 7.30pm and trained down to meet the hub n bub  at waterway point. Isaac was playing at the play area when I met them. Had late dinner at Genki sushi at 8.35pm where hubby and Isaac tried out the face swap app.

even Isaac was entertained by this app

even Isaac was entertained by this app

We walked around for a bit and headed for home. 10pm the hubs is tucking Isaac into bed while I shower and start packing my stuffs for my business trip to Vietnam. Already missing the bubba now. Good thing is, I will be back on Friday evening.

10.20pm I came out of shower to find both daddy and baby have fallen asleep within that 20mins! 11.30pm I am done with packing and am turning on the laptop to get some work done before sleeping. Finally went to bed at 12.40am.

13 April 2016

My day started at 6.45am. Got ready and kissed Isaac goodbye when his daddy brought him over to gramps. Called for a cab and left the house at 8am to avoid arriving late at the airport due to traffic jam. Grabbed a sandwich and hot chocolate from Starbucks at 9am while waiting to board the flight.

2pm and I have arrived in Vietnam. In a cab and heading to the hotel now. Traffic here is crazy, people can transport anything, literally anything on motorbikes. Last time round, i even saw them transporting potted plants on the bike! Hotel is relatively close to the airport. Checked into the hotel at 2.20pm.

pillion in the middle of this photo holding industrial plastic while on the bike

the pillion in the middle of this photo is holding on to industrial plastic while on the bike


Room for the next 2 nights

Met up with my colleagues and spent the whole day working on our project till 7.45pm and i was beyond hungry! Did not go for dinner till the hubs sent me a photo of Isaac and him dining. We then proceeded to have our dinner at a korean bbq place nearby. Seriously, how do the people here all maintain their slim figures??? Food is cheap and good!

Delicious BBQ buffet

Delicious BBQ buffet

Got back to the hotel 10.45pm and I could barely keep my eyes open. Didn’t even get to FaceTime my baby tonight cos he is fast asleep. I sometimes wonder where did all the energy i had go. I used to be able to stay awake till morning, but now by 11pm, all i want to do is just sleep. Like an old soul.

14 April 2016

Alarm went off at 8.30am. Received a message from the hubs that he fell asleep last night while putting Isaac to bed. He sent me photos of his outing with the baby yesterday. Got out of bed, showered and went to have breakfast at the hotel. It is work again for the day. The weather here is mad hot – 36 degrees today.

I had lunch at a local cafe today at 1.40pm. As we walk along the streets, I cannot help but feel how fortunate Singaporeans are. The buildings here are run down and the cables are just all over the place.

Conditions of a residence and shop

Conditions of a typical home and shop

Left work for dinner at 8.10pm. Messaged the hubby to check on him and Isaac. Can’t wait to be home!  We had Thai food for dinner tonight but it tasted bad so we went on to have dessert afterwards. Just when I finished dinner the hubby FaceTimed me so I could see Isaac, who was extremely happy to see me. 🙂

9.10pm We took a cab to somewhere nearby and am actually surprised to find some really cool cafes that serve coffee and pastries here. One of them was this Hub Book Coffee place.

Book Hub Cafe

Book Hub Coffee

This whole cafe is filled with books and magazines that anyone can just from the shelves to read. Unfortunately the photo had to be taken from a distance because we are not supposed to take photos of the place.

Went back to the hotel at 10.30pm in a cockroach infested cab. Showered, did some work and turned in at 12.15am.

15 April 2016

Woke up at 8am to this photo from the hubs telling me that Isaac got impatient this morning because I missed his FaceTime. He not only woke up feeling grouchy, it did not help that his mummy missed his call. Hence, this face.


grouchy + impatient baby

At 9.10m, it is pho for breakfast this morning because I haven’t had it during my trip here.

pho and scrambled eggs

Stayed on in the hotel to discuss with my team mates on final details of work before heading out for lunch.

Tried out a Japanese restaurant which was highly recommended by my Vietnam colleagues and I definitely was not disappointed!

Here’s what I had for lunch:


Grilled salmon with rice + a bowl of udon + chawanmushi

Headed for the airport after lunch and checked in at 2.35pm, only to find out that my flight has been delayed by an hour so I will only be departing at 5.35pm. I sat around and people-watch while updating this post.

The flight back was a good one, no turbulence and even got to see the beautiful sunset. Touched down at 7.15pm and was pleasantly surprised to see the hubs and Isaac waiting for me at the arrival hall. Isaac was all smiles when he saw me and i couldn’t wait to carry him.

Got home took a quick shower and cuddled the little boy to sleep while his daddy went out to meet his friends. Isaac fell asleep at 9.30pm so I decided to make myself a sandwich and start unpacking. Unpacking has got to be the part I dislike most about traveling because there’s always so much laundry to wash! Ok back to unpacking for now. 10.50pm turning in for the night.


16 April 2016

Woke up to isaac’s face right in my face at 8am. He was just lying there staring at me without making any noise at all. Daddy is still sleeping because he came back almost 4am last night. We lazed in bed till about 9am before I showered the boy and brought him to the supermarket just across the house. Came back at 9.45am and Husband watched Isaac while I prepared Isaac’s food for today. He’s having carrot and scallop porridge this weekend. 11.30am Isaac dozed off for a bit so I had some alone time with the hubs eating our brunch. Isaac had porridge his lunch at 1pm and was done by 1.20pm. Watching telly with his daddy now while I wash up in the kitchen.
We had intentions to bring Isaac out to ply sand at waterway park with his little friend K, but it was too warm. Shortly after, it started to rain heavily. Ended up at baby hyperstore at 5.30pm to look at strollers. Isaac had fun walking around the shop and trying their bicycle.

 After much ‘test driving’ the strollers, we left the store at 7pm with a Quinny Zapp Xtra 2! Traveled all the way down to meet some friends for dinner at timbre+. It was unfortunate that we did not manage to get a seat and there was just too many people so we headed to Marche at VivoCity instead. Isaac had so much fun self entertaining and did not appear to be sleepy even at 10.30pm.

happy baby clapping to his daddy’s singing

Got home at 11.20pm and Isaac concussed in the car.


17 April 2016

Isaac started crying at 7am and woke his daddy and me up. He was probably hungry because he had fallen asleep last night before finishing his milk. Got up to make him milk and he fell back to sleep when he filled his tummy. The hubby got up to shower Isaac today so I could sleep a little later. I got out of bed at 9.30am to cook for Isaac and cleaned the house before heading out to meet a friend. At 12.30pm Isaac and I are at whisk and paddle to meet my friend and her adorable baby girl R.

happy Isaac upon meeting a new friend

After lunch, we walked over to Isaac’s gugu’s (Claudia)house at about 2pm and he was busy destroying the lego buildings  that Ayra and Zara had built. Oh, he even got his belated birthday present which the girls were trying to help him unwrap.

Zara helping with unwrapping

Did not stay at his cousin’s place for long because isaac was cranky from his need to sleep. Fell asleep at 3.30pm within 2 mins after I put him on the bed. At 6.30pm Isaac and daddy are both still asleep. Since I’m the first to get up, I have some time to update the blog. I also enrolled Isaac for the full day childcare which I think will most likely only have a slot for him earliest next year. Good thing is, there is no rush for him to go to daycare now because he has his gramps to babysit him. Only thing is that he will have more chances to interact with other kids later. Isaac woke up at 7pm while I was heating up his food. He patiently waited while entertaining himself with his blocks.

At 8.30pm, Isaac has been fed and showered. We are playing with him while waiting for our food delivery to arrive.

Since Isaac had a long nap all the way till 7pm just now, he is only trying to get to sleep at 10.45pm. Most of the time, hubs and I will off the lights and pretend to be asleep so Isaac will go to sleep by himself.  At 11pm, all will be quiet. Time for me to sleep too because a new week begins tomorrow.

So this, is my life in a week. Probably not as interesting as many others but definitely just as busy.

This post is part of a link-up with other Singapore Parent Bloggers to share a week in the life of a blogging mum and dad. You can peek into the life of 29 other families over at Week In Life of Blogging Mum and Dad linkup here.weekinlife-parentblogger

Next up, we have Patrick, daddy to three beautiful kids to share with us about his life in a week.




Hello there, my name is Priscilla. I am the co-creator of 2 boys, Isaac and Ian who bring nothing but joy to my life. 5 years into parenthood and i am still trying to find a balance in being a mother and wife. Having too little photos of my childhood, I try to take as many photos of my kiddos for keepsake whenever possible. It certainly makes me look like an overly-obsessed mum but i assure you i am not. I am just obsessed. I look forward to sharing my adventures and experiences as a mum on this space.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *